I’ve always loved a challenge.
Whether or not I actually manage to complete it with panache is another thing, but I’m a sucker for such things. So when I read that WordPress was conducting an experiment (one with a motivational angle – they motivate, we respond) I decided I’d try.
All I have to do really, is sign up.
The tough bit comes after, when I sit down and begin my challenge: to post something new every single day for the whole year. Will I have that much to write? That bit shouldn’t be too hard. It’s the time factor… Those of you who know me, know how crunched for time I am… always.
But since we’re already on the topic of arbitrary challenges that I set for myself… and will myself to complete with no other reason that to… well, finish it… here are some other things I’ll be challenging myself with for 2011.
1. Trek up to the Everest Base Camp
2. Learn how to speak Japanese
3. Learn makeup for brides and actually get someone foolish enough to hire me
4. Complete my first marathon
5. Complete my next half-marathon within 2 hours
6. Read a book a month. At least.
7. Sleep at least 7 hours EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.
And with work in mind…
8. Learn to use Photoshop
9. Buy a camera & actually start taking pictures
10. Write more scripts!
There. I’m done. I think that should keep me sufficiently occupied.
*mad insane chuckle*